Release Date: Nov 22, 2022
Fixes an entitlements issue that prevented the Export User Data button from working.
Release Date: Nov 14, 2022
Multiple simultaneous controllers now supported
- All connected MIDI devices can be used at the same time with Mulligan.
- Each controller can be bypassed individually, if you don't want to use it with Mulligan.
- Automatically scans for new MIDI devices, so the MIDI rescan button has been removed.
New in-app help system
- Mapping Assistant popup window aids in setting controller mappings. It automatically appears next to whichever command you have highlighted in Mulligan, and tells you more about it, while offering instructions for how best to map it.
- Info Pane for displaying help text has been removed.
- Learn menu added for easy access to the PDF manual and tutorial video.
TouchOSC app support
- Custom SysEx output added to allow live updates of parameter and plugin names in TouchOSC layouts.
- New Starter Pack for TouchOSC includes plugin controller layout for iPad.
New keyboard shortcuts
Option-Deleteto clear all mappings for the current MIDI device
Gto toggle Grow/Shrink Mapping Window (same as double-clicking on top banner)
- Fixed a bug when removing a plugin or switching to a track with no plugins, where the HUD wouldn't clear its display.
Release Date: May 9, 2022
Now includes "Starter Packs" for the MIDI Fighter Twister and Behringer X-Touch Mini, which provide new users with a pre-built command layouts optimized for these controllers.
New Commands Section: Current Track
- Track Level
- Aux Send A-E Levels
- Pan L, Pan R, and Pan Combo (L + R pans on one knob)
- Solo and Mute commands moved here
New Commands Section: Miscellaneous
- Master Fader
- Show/Hide Hud
Plugin Navigation section was split into separate sections for Plugin Parameter Page and Plugin Navigation:
New Commands Section: Plugin Parameter Page
- Increment Page (Knob)
- Previous Page and Next Page commands moved here
Updated Commands Section: Plugin Navigation
- Added new "Combo" command. It combines the other two plugin navigation commands (Next Plugin and Show/Hide Plugin) into a single button: a short tap triggers Next Plugin, while a long hold triggers Show/Hide Plugin.
New Commands Section: Track Navigation
- Increment Track (Knob)
- Previous Track and Next Track commands moved here
Expanded MIDI Input Monitor
The goal was to give you a more comprehensive view of the incoming MIDI, to aid in setup and troubleshooting knob modes. To that end:
- Changed to show recent history, increasing from a one-line to a three-line display
- Now displays the incoming MIDI values (in addition to the channel and CC/Note numbers)
New Keyboard Shortcuts
M- Imports a Mulligan controller mapping from a
U- Reveals the user data folder in the file system
Improved user interface when doing custom plugin mapping (using the "Learn" button in PT)
- HUD now clearly shows which knobs are mapped to parameters, and which are unmapped.
- MIDI feedback to device now clearly shows which knobs are mapped to parameters, and which are unmapped.
Expanded and revised Mulligan Manual.
Release Date: Feb 7, 2022
New Commands Section: Track commands
- Solo and Mute current track
- Navigate previous track / next track
Additions to Settings Panel
- Opacity control for HUD
- Adjustable HUD hold time, 1-15 seconds (was previously hardwired for 3 seconds)
Improvements to enhanced visual feedback for specific MIDI controllers
- Fixed issue with X-Touch Mini, when using with knobs in absolute mode
- Added Kenton Killamix Mini
- Fixed Mapping Window resizing issues
- Tweaked some drawing code for lower CPU usage at idle
First Universal Binary release - Mulligan is now native for both Intel and Apple Silicon.
Added new keyboard shortcut: use
H key to manually show/hide HUD.
Map display now saves/restores which command sections are expanded/collapsed, on a per-MIDI device basis.
Added more plugin and parameter names to built-in substitutions table.
Added a hidden setting, to make the HUD display the plugin parameter names in ALL CAPS. This setting is accessed by editing the Settings file:
If the entry
displayParameterNamesInAllCaps is changed from
1, then the HUD will display the plugin parameter names in ALL CAPS. Caveat: only edit this file while Mulligan is not running, and relaunch Mulligan to see the change in display
Release Date: Dec 22, 2021
New feature: added enhanced visual feedback for certain models of MIDI controller. The goal being to visually distinguish between when a knob is unassigned in the current mapping, versus the parameter being turned down to its minimum value.
How this might be visually represented depends on the particular model of controller, and requires of course that the hardware have at least some kind of LEDs around its knobs.
Currently Mulligan detects the following MIDI controllers by name, and automatically sends extra messages to them for enhanced visual feedback :
Midi Fighter Twister When a knob is unassigned in the current mapping, the multi-color (RGB) LED under the knob will be turned off. When a knob is assigned, the RGB LED under the knob will be lit. In order for this to work, the Switch MIDI Number and the Encoder MIDI Number for each knob must be set to the same value.
X-touch Mini When a knob is unassigned in the current mapping, the LED ring around each knob will have no segments lit. When a knob is assigned, but turned down to its minimum value, the lowest segment of the LED ring will be lit.
Release Date: Dec 2, 2021
Optimized some graphics code for snappier response from dials in HUD.
Release Date: Nov 30, 2021
Fixes an issue where, when switching between plugin parameter pages, old values wouldn't be cleared from the MIDI controller's LED rings, for knobs that were unassigned on the new page.